Pakistan Coronavirus Cases: Pakistan’s Covid-19 tally rise to 251,625 | World News
5 months ago
- ISLAMABAD: The coronavirus cases in Pakistan have risen to 251,625 while the fatalities related to the virus have reached 5,266.
- According to the latest figures available on Dawn, a total of 161,917 people have recovered from the disease. Sindh has so far reported 105,533 cases, Punjab has reported 87,043 cases.
- Meanwhile, the federal government has decided to hold meetings of the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) in the provincial capitals to devise a strategy to curb the possible spread of Covid-19 during Eidul Azha, and the first meeting in this regard would take place in Lahore on Monday, reported Dawn.
- Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah had on Sunday warned against declaring an “early victory” on the country’s efforts to battle the coronavirus pandemic and urged citizens to get tested.
- He also pointed out that the province has been conducting double the number of tests of any province.
- “Punjab is ranked second, but it is also conducting less than half of the tests we are carrying out. Despite this, I am still not satisfied with Sindh’s testing capacity,” he was quoted as saying.